Toronto Gift + Home Market – August 2019 Incubator Project
This project has been filled. Please contact Craft Alliance to inquire about being put on a waitlist in case of openings.
Please Note: The Toronto Gift Fair has re-branded as the Toronto Gift + Home Market
To further develop export markets for Atlantic Canadian craft producers, Craft Alliance will once again lead our CRAFT: Lab – Toronto Incubator Project to attend the Toronto Gift + Home Market trade show in August 2019. This will be a pan-Atlantic mission where Craft Alliance will lead the coordination and development of the project. The project will involve exhibitors from Atlantic Canada looking to expand their sales to Central and Western Canada. The Toronto Gift + Home Market is a wholesale trade show produced by the Canadian Gift Association and is held twice a year in Toronto, Ontario. (Previously known as the Toronto Gift Fair)
Approximately 5-8 Atlantic Canadian craft producers will be selected to participate in a Pavilion Showcase at the TORONTO GIFT FAIR trade show from August 11-14, 2019. This project will fill quickly; applications should be completed and forwarded to Craft Alliance immediately.
This project is funded through the ACOA Business Development Program
Participants are required to:
– pay a participation fee of $500. Basic fee (approx. 3’ wide space)
– larger allocated space at $750 (6’-wide). and $1,000 (9’-wide). (limited availability – contact Greg to discuss spaces)
– complete a detailed online Project Account Profile application
– complete two follow-up surveys after the trade show is complete.
Toronto Gift + Home Market Information Package
The participant fee includes:
– Membership Access to Can Gift Assoc. (under Craft Alliance as part of the project)
– Participation in a shared Pavilion Showcase Booth
– 5-8 Atlantic Canadian craft producers
– Hardwall Display with display requirements (ie: shelves, pedestals, etc) provided as agreed on with Craft Alliance upon completing registration
– Promotion in Pavilion Showcase brochure and online and social media coverage
Please contact Craft Alliance to indicate your interest in this project. We will open registrations soon.
Our pavilion showcase will be located within the Handmade & Gift section of the trade fair, located in Hall 3 of the Congress Centre South building (new location for us at this show). Under the project, Craft Alliance will be recruiting approximately 5-8 Atlantic Canadian companies to participate in the showcase. Each individual participant will receive an allocated space within the showcase booth and the overall showcase space size would be determined by final number of participants signed on to do the event. The showcase space will provide hardwall display, lighting, fixtures and signage, as part of the show costs. Participants would be responsible for their own travel and shipment(s) of product samples to the Toronto Gift + Home Market. Craft Alliance will provide cohesive and coordinated marketing materials and promotional opportunities for the showcase.
This initiative came out of a four-month pan-Atlantic consultation that Craft Alliance completed in Spring of 2015. In that consultation process, independent consultants conducted online surveys, focus groups and telephone interviews with craft producers across Atlantic Canada. As a result of this consultation process, craft producers identified selling outside of Atlantic Canada and the ability to get to trade shows, as a key issue and challenge for the sector.