Craft Alliance will lead a trade mission project to New York to attend the NY NOW Trade Show, August 12-15 2018. We are seeking export-ready craft producers from Nova Scotia that would have interest in attending NY NOW in 2019 as exhibitors.
NY Now (formerly “The New York International Gift Fair”) is run by Emerald Expositions and is held twice yearly at the Javits Convention Center in Manhattan, New York. There are 10 targeted divisions in the NY NOW show with a total of approximately 3,000 exhibitors in 400 categories. Buyers who used to attend several different types of shows across North America now tend to focus on this show, and there is a lot of cross-buying in multiple categories – buyers who go to “Accent on Design” or “Personal Accessories” division will also usually visit the “Handmade” division and vice versa.
Our participants will have the opportunity to visit the show, observing booths from established sellers and gaining important knowledge relating to exhibiting in a major USA trade show.
There are 35,000 buyers from 50 American states and over 80 countries – 98% of buyers place orders based on what they see at the show. Show statistics state that 78% of the buyers write orders on the show floor, and 38% are new buyers. More information about NY Now can be found on their website: http://www.nynow.com/
To be eligible, you must:
– Be an export-ready craft producer from Atlantic Canada
– Product must be handmade and business located in Atlantic Canada
– Submit an online application to Craft Alliance
– Be approved by Craft Alliance for participation (limited space available)
– Agree to participate in all follow-up surveys on project results, which are submitted to ACOA after the project
– Hold a valid passport required for entrance to the United States
Participant Costs $250. plus some travel costs – contact Bernard at the Craft Alliance to inquire about participation.